A Cannabis tax series COURSE
The Complete Cannabis Tax Preparation & Accounting Training Program
Learn cannabis tax preparation & accounting with our flagship training program - step-by-step.
online self study
Field of Study
Enroll for only $320.00 thru next Wednesday!
Do not miss this time-limited offer!
Learn the full absorption method of accounting.
Learn cannabis accounting journal entries.
Learn how to prepare a cannabis tax return.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) related to the cannabis industry.
- How to create the following GAAP compliant financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, the statement of cash flows, the statement of retained earnings, and the statement of stockholders’ equity.
- How to perform the full absorption method of accounting required under IRC 471.
- How to capitalize cannabis direct and indirect production costs.
- How to correctly structure a cannabis chart of accounts for cultivators, dispensaries, and vertically integrated cannabis businesses.
- The lower of cost or market rule (LCM) inventory rules required of cannabis businesses.
- Business entity options as they relate to the cannabis industry.
Join the cannabis newsletter
Get updates on important cannabis regulatory news as it happens.
Frequently asked questions
Are your cannabis tax accounting education courses approved for continuing professional education (CPE) hours?
Not at the moment. We are in the process of becoming an approved continuing education provider for the Internal Revenue Service so our students can earn credit hours for our courses. Upon IRS approval, we will offer CPE credit hours for IRS Enrolled Agents, Oregon Licensed Tax Consultants & Licensed Tax Preparers. CPE hours will also qualify for Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), and Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation holders.
Will your cannabis education programs provide the necessary knowledge to enter this lucrative and exciting industry?
Our flagship course provides students with a complete overview of Internal Revenue Code Sections 280E and 471. The courses cover how to calculate cannabis cost of goods sold (COGS), account for inventory under IRC 471 (3) & (11), GAAP accounting basics (including cost / full absorption accounting), how to prepare GAAP compliant financial statements, the basics of cannabis business entities, and the preparation of cannabis tax returns.
What if I have questions about the cannabis tax accounting education course material?
f you have any questions, you may call or email and we will respond within 24 hours.
Are there any time limits on finishing the course material?
No! You may take all the time you need to work through the course materials!
NEW Tax Preparation Course!
Coming Soon..we are finishing our much anticipated cannabis tax preparation mastery course. Keep an eye out..you won't want to miss this one!